Thursday, September 27, 2012

To Kill a Mockingbird


I first read To Kill a Mockingbird in ninth grade. We read it as a class, and, despite it being required reading, I loved it from the start. Mostly for May Ella. Is that weird? Probably. Too bad for you. But it's just such a heart-felt, touching story. The characters are so real, probably because they're based on real people. Regardless, they come alive. It's a great coming-of-age story and discusses many important issues. Race. Injustice. Judging others. Secrets. Addiction. Loss. And just plain growing up. To Kill a Mockingbird is an important novel to read, and it's worth every minute. 

I know most ya'll have already read it, so if It's been a while, I encourage you to read it again. And if you never have, go pick it up. 

Now here's some quotes for your enjoyment: 
"Naw, Jem- I think there's just one kinda folks. Folks." -Scout Finch
"Mr Finch, if you was a n----r like me, you'd be scared, too." -Tom Robbins
"A love story pure and simple" -Harper Lee


1 comment: